Updated: 20 February 2017
Have you ever suffered a knee injury on your treadmill? One such incident at the gym made me opt for the elliptical machine for my home. I really don’t think to damage your joints or knee is a good thing, and increasing age only makes things worse. Today I am going to guide you through choosing the best elliptical for your home. I will tell you the exact considerations that make it perfect for you. So read on.
Why need to Buy an Elliptical Trainer?
- Why need to Buy an Elliptical Trainer?
- Important Features to look for in an Elliptical Trainer
- What elliptical machine should I buy?
- 1. Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine
- 2. Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine
- 3. Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine
- 4. Sole Fitness E95 Elliptical Machine
- 5. ProForm Smart Strider Elliptical Trainer
- 6. ProForm Hybrid Trainer
- 7. NordicTrack E 7.0 Z Elliptical Trainer
- 8. Horizon Fitness EX-69-2 Elliptical Trainer
- 9. LifeSpan E3i Elliptical Cross Trainer
- 10. Nautilus E614 Elliptical
- Concluding Tips
One of the best ways of staying fit and healthy is to workout. However, it is not possible for everyone to pay expensive gym bills and thus buying an affordable elliptical trainer is the best thing one can do. The average calories burned on the elliptical machine is more than any other fitness machines. There are various benefits of using the elliptical trainer.
The position of the flywheel, for instance, determines the kind of experience you going to get out of your elliptical. Front drive elliptical provide a kind of to and fro motion. It is better than rear driven ones which give you a jumpy feel. The front driven flywheel applies magnetic powered resistance for a gradual and soundless start and stopping. It also comes with StraightUP body technology to provide accurate body alignment while exercising.
Important Features to look for in an Elliptical Trainer
Here is a look at some of the important features you would need in this elliptical trainer.
- Dimensions – Different models come with varied dimensions. It is important that you choose one that is comfortable for you. There is no need to go for the biggest one if your body type does not permit it.
- Workout Programs – It is always best to have more preloaded programs on your machine. However, your body will need a maximum of 5 to 6 exercises to keep in shape and stay fit. SO you can either choose many programs that would not bore you or just stick to only those that help you.
- Monitoring – This is a very important feature that you must consider. A monitor will help you keep a track of your progress.
- Stability – You need to make sure that the machine you are buying is stable enough to carry your weight. Generally, an elliptical machine would hold up 250 pounds of weight.
- Stride Length – This is important for everyone who is tall or short. You can adjust the stride length to the maximum you can stretch to get better results. Take the help of the manuals.
- Storing – Elliptical machines are big. However, you can also buy a foldable one to keep it conveniently when not working out.
- Built-in Accessories – These accessories will depend on the machine you are buying. You can get a whole lot of choices.
- Warranty & support – All these machines come with a lifetime warranty for the frame and the warranty will vary between 2 to 5 years for electronics and other parts.
What elliptical machine should I buy?
Here is a look at the top ten elliptical trainers you can find on the market today.
1. Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine
The Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine is one of the most affordable elliptical machines you can buy for your home. It is affordable and it has a number of features to back it up. Some people like you prefer to use the mat for protecting floors from scratches and scuffs.
- The machines has Dual track two LCD window system that enables you to monitor up to thirteen different display feedbacks
- It comes with twenty-two programs, two user settings, and goal tracking
2. Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine
- The machine comes with Dual track two LCD window system
- It comes with 29 preloaded workout programs
- It also have 4 user settings and goal tracking to keep you going for more
- There are 25 levels of resistance aligned with high speed and high inertia flywheel
3. Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine
The Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine can be rated as one of the most convenient elliptical machines at home. Let us check out the video and what’s interesting features.
- The machine has adjustable pedals and console
- It comes with Pulse grip and chest strap heart rate monitoring
- It has LCD console with 7.5-inch display
- It comes with 6 standard programs, 2 custom programs, and 2 heart rate programs
- It includes heart rate chest strap
4. Sole Fitness E95 Elliptical Machine
The Sole Fitness E95 Elliptical Machine is one of the most convenient elliptical trainers you can find. Check out the exciting features of this machine. Click here for more details about Stamina Mat (84-Inch by 36-Inch).
- The machine provides challenging cardio workout supported by blue backlit LDC display
- It comes with 6 standard programs, 2 custom programs, and 2 heart rate programs
- It comes with power adjustable stride along with 20 to 22 inches of maximum stride length.
- You can also have the privilege of pulse grip and chest strap to monitor heart rate. It also includes heart rate chest strap
- The LCD monitor comes with the large 9-inch display.
5. ProForm Smart Strider Elliptical Trainer
The ProForm Smart Strider Elliptical Trainer is one of its kind foldable elliptical trainers best for home use only.
- The machine comes with 18 workout apps along with 18 digital resistance levels and soft touch upper body grips.
- It comes with a large LCD monitor that enables you to keep a track of your workouts.
- The machine has SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance and oversized pedals for no stress ride.
- The machines is manufactured from Commercial-Gauge Solid Steel
6. ProForm Hybrid Trainer
The ProForm Hybrid Elliptical Trainer is a good elliptical machine that is perfect for home users.
- This elliptical trainer has Recumbent Seat that helps in full body workout
- It comes with oversized pedals to ensure that the knees are not stressed
- The 15 inches stride length enables better workout
- It comes with 14 preloaded workout apps and 14 digital resistance levels
- It comes with Target Pacer, RPM meter, LCD window and also Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel
7. NordicTrack E 7.0 Z Elliptical Trainer
The NordicTrack E 7.0 Z Elliptical Trainer is a great product from one of the best Elliptical Trainer brands in the USA. It comes with the finest features for home use.
- The machine offers 20 preloaded workout Apps that has been designed by a Certified personal trainer.
- It comes with adjustable incline ramp along with Tone and target quads.
- The 20-inch adjustable stride enables you to change the shape and length of your stride to target different muscle groups
- It comes with 20 digital resistance levels that enable adjusting the intensity of your workout
8. Horizon Fitness EX-69-2 Elliptical Trainer
The Horizon Fitness EX-69-2 Elliptical Trainer is a great way to keep you in shape. It is supposedly the best Elliptical Machine you can have for your home use.
- The machine provides SixStar Certified platform along with low 10-inch sure step step-on height and cool fit fitness fan
- It has 3-pound flywheel and 1-20 electronic resistance range
- The magnetic brake resistance keeps it easy on the knees
- This heavy duty machine is good enough for a 300-pound user and comes with 20-inch FLATellipse foot path.
9. LifeSpan E3i Elliptical Cross Trainer
- This elliptical cross trainer provides perfect cardiovascular and muscular isolating power to give a healthy body.
- The machine boosts heart health, incinerate fat and build impressive muscular tone in the exact areas you choose.
- It comes with Core balance technology that identifies exactly where effort imbalances can exist.
- It comes with 21 exercise programs, heart rate contact sensors along with audio-in and dual speakers
10. Nautilus E614 Elliptical
The Nautilus E614 Elliptical is one of the most inspiring machines that help in working out without putting any stress on your joints. The machine comes packed with an array of features that is best suited for today’s life.
- This elliptical machine comes with two LCD monitors that can display distance, time and calories burnt.
- There are 22 in-built customizable workout programs along with 20 resistance levels and 6 incline positions with 20 inches stride length.
- The machine comes with in-console speakers with and MP3 port along with a media shelf with USB charger to hold tablet or phone.
Longer stride length
Try going for an elliptical with longer stride length, unless you are a short person. Longer lengths achieve a full elliptical motion as the ideal length of strides is around 18 – 20 inches. The 18-inch stride length featured with pivoting foot plates gives the feel of natural motion with maximum comfort and low stress. There are also 16 varying levels of resistance for an optimum workout. The handlebars are placed strategically to suit persons of every built.
Unique pedal placement
The specialized pedal placement is designed to maintain zero distance gap to help reduce stress and strain. The 10-inch low height of the pedals makes it easy for you to get on and out of the machine.