There are different reasons why you have decided to get an indoor bike trainer. It is likely that you would like to train even when it is dark outside and you cannot risk to cycle at night. You may also need a workout that will truly test your stamina and your focus. The best solution to these issues is to get the right smart bike trainer. There are different trainers that are available right now so it will be hard to choose just one but as long as you know what you want, it will not be too hard.
How to Use A Bike Trainer?
You want to make the most of the indoor bike trainer that you are going to purchase. There are some people who commit some common errors so they are not able to make the most of the bike trainers that they have purchased. These are some tips to remember so your bike trainer can be used properly:
- Make sure that you set it up properly. There are some trainers that come with front wheel blocks so they can be the same level as the rear wheel but if in case your chosen bike trainer doesn’t, you can make more effort in placing a few items that will make the front wheel symmetrical with the rear wheel.
- Use a fan when you are using your bike trainer. You would like to feel like you are using your bike outdoors, right? This is only possible if you can feel the wind on your face as you pedal away. You can set up the bike trainer at the coolest portion of your home. It will make a lot of difference that way.
- Do not forget to eat and drink. You are recommended to eat a snack an hour before your workout. You need to drink a lot of water because you are likely to be dehydrated when you sweat.
- You cannot just jump on the bike and start pedaling like there is no tomorrow. This is not going to be ideal. You will shock your body and at the same time, you will begin to feel bored with what you are doing. You can think of different scenarios that will help you continue with your indoor bike training.
You need to find a bike trainer that will fit your budget. Do you need the best bike trainer under 100 dollar or you can go for something that is much higher?
Read Also: Best Brooks Running Shoes For Women & Men On The Market
Does A Bike Trainer Damage Your Bike?
One of the main concerns of cyclists like you is if your bike would become damaged because of the home bike trainer. All bike trainers are supposed to be safe for your bike. There are some bike trainers that are not well made that may damage your vehicle. The best thing that you can do is to make sure that you will use a bike trainer that is already tried and tested. This way, your bike will not get damaged. Also, you can contact the manufacturer in case of damage.
Comparison: Bike Rollers vs. Trainers
A bike roller is another type of an indoor bike trainer. The difference of this with bike trainers is they offer resistance with the front and rear tires. Rollers are generally harder to use because you need to make more effort to keep yourself balanced. People use rollers when they want to elevate their training goals or if they want to get a different indoor bike training experience. Trainers, on the other hand, will work more on providing resistance for your bike.
Best Indoor Bike Trainers to Check Out:
You have already learned some details about bike trainers. It is only fitting that you check out some of the best products that you can use in the comfort of your own home.
1# CycleOps Hammer
If you would like to take your indoor training to the next level, this is the best option available for you. This can be the perfect item you will use in order to work out more. This is easy to use. You can set up your fan, listen to music and just hammer away.
- This comes with internal cooling technology that will help improve your current workout.
- The ride is smooth and quiet.
- This is ideal to use during wintertime.
- Some have experienced resistance lag while using this item.
- Those who are not too good at technical stuff may find this confusing.
2# Tacx Vortex
Do you consider yourself to be an enthusiastic cyclist? If you answer yes, then you know that this is one of the best options available to you. This will allow you to prepare at home if you are going to participate in a race. You can also use this to train with ease. This has an integrated 2kg flywheel that will make this more effective to use.
- The front wheel mount is very effective.
- This performs exactly as expected.
- Connectivity does not have any issues.
- The manual can still be improved.
- This is not a plug-and-play indoor trainer.
3# Kinetic Road Machine
If you would like to get one of the best indoor trainers, this is one of the best ones that you can check out. This is a very quiet machine and this is leak-proof as well. This will allow you to try out different workout options so you can choose this as one of the most accurate trainers you can use.
- This already comes fully assembled right out of the box.
- This comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The vibration is low.
- Some say that it is not as quiet as they thought it would.
- This is a bit expensive.
4# Travel Trac
You would like to have a trainer that will truly challenge you and this is one of the best ones you can check out. You can pedal as fast as you can and it will resist so you will have a very effective training. This does not require any assembly so you can use it right out of the box.
- This is easy to use.
- This is quiet.
- This is considered to be a good investment.
- Some find it a bit jerky.
- Some say that they have received it leaking all over the box.
5# Sportneer Steel Bicycle
Who says that you cannot train when it starts raining? You can very well use this bike trainer stand in order to train no matter what the current weather is. This is a very stable trainer that will allow you to stay upright while you are pedaling. This is known to be quiet so no need to worry about disrupting the rest of your family members and even your neighbors in the process.
- This is easy to set up.
- This is sturdy.
- The quality of the product cannot be questioned.
- Some people say that it does not offer any resistance.
- Some have received the product damaged.
It is best that you get to know the various indoor bike trainers to help you pick the one that will work best for your needs. Check out the different products mentioned above from the bike trainer market and it will be easier to make a decision.