- Buying a Rowing Machine: What You Should Know Before You Go
- The concept of Rowing Machines
- Important Things to Consider When Buying a Rowing Machine
- What are the Types of Indoor Rowers
- Top 10 Most Popular Rowing Machines
- 1. Velocity Exercise Magnetic Rower
- 2. WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine
- 3. Stamina Air Rower
- 4. RX-750 Home Series Rowing Machine
- 5. IMPETUS IA 6800am Air-Magnetic Rower
- 6. Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine
- 7. Orbital Rowing Machine with Free Motion Arms
- 8. Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine
- 9. Kettler 7978-900 Favorit Rowing Machine
- 10. Lifecore R100 Commercial Rowing Machine
- Rowing Technique Tips
Buying a Rowing Machine: What You Should Know Before You Go
Some boats are made for sailing. Some boats are made for going out into the seas. Some boats are made to last long and assure your safety. Then, there are rowing machines that can help you get the exercise you need easily.
These rowing machines use the most modern of technologies available and are quite dependable. They are designed for every specific purpose of yours. And they carry the same experience as sailing in an ocean or participating in a yacht race.
The concept of Rowing Machines
Lots have changed down the years, in terms of the concept of sailing. If you like rowing sports like yachting and want to get fitter, get yourself a rowing machine. Yachting has always been a sport among those who like sailing. Known as recreational sailing or boating, yachting involves using water vessels for participation in water sports. There are various contests organized around the world related to yacht racing. The most competitive yachting and boating events are perhaps organized by sailing groups. Apart from yachting, there are other boating events like boat racing, kayaking, and rowing that is held around the world. Yet yachting has got a taste of its own. The thrill of adventure one might feel during yachting in yacht racing or even in dinghy racing is different indeed.
When you are planning to lose those stubborn fats and get in shape the best machine that you can have is a rowing machine. The rowing machine comes with lots of benefits that essential for fat burning and muscle building. If you are not willing to spend a fortune at an expensive gym then get the best and most affordable rowing machine for your home.
Find more best home treadmills. Check out which are the top sellers!
Important Things to Consider When Buying a Rowing Machine
1. Rowing Machine Features to Consider
- If it is foldable
- Type of resistance it provides
- If it comes with preset programs
2. Overview and Features of Rowing Machine
The rowing machines come in a wide range of variety. The features will differ from one company to another. While buying one of these machines, make sure that you are comfortable with the model you are buying. The configurations of these machines are made at per the standards of rowing experience. These machines will provide the actual feel of rowing but on land. Some of the most important features that you need to check while buying a rowing machine especially when you planning to buy one for your home are:
- Rowing Speed
- Noise Level
- Storage & Mobility
- Warranty & support
Also Read: Here are the top elliptical machines you’d want!
What are the Types of Indoor Rowers
Rowing machines come with a resistance types that enables the muscles of the body to work. These resistances are created using the actual rowing experience of resistance. Thus when you are buying a rowing machine for the home you need to capitalize your workout on the artificially done resistance type. These types include:
- Air Resistance – This is one of the common types of resistance that is created by the integrated fan that gives the feeling of rowing on a windy day.
- Water Resistance – This type of resistance will consist of a water tank from where the resistance will be generated while exercising.
- Piston Resistance – This is a not so common resistance that is created by the piston pressure.
- Magnetic Resistance – This is a very common resistance type that is created using magnets on the other side.
To sum it up, The rowing machine is probably one of the most scientifically designed training machines that offer an all round fitness. It also offers a great variety of the models with different resistance type to choose from. So here are top 10 rowing machines available in the market nowadays.
Top 10 Most Popular Rowing Machines
1. Velocity Exercise Magnetic Rower
The Velocity Exercise Magnetic Rower is one of the trendiest and sleek rowing machines in the market these days. The product comes with loads of interesting features. Let’s check them out.
- This rowing machine comes with the Drum Magnetic Control system that increases the resistance power.
- It comes with electronic tension control
- The rowing machine comes fitted with a heart rate monitor with chest strap. It helps you to monitor your heart rate while you are working out on it.
- The machine is foldable and thus saves quite come space
- The machine has PU molded saddle
- This rowing machine can take up a maximum of 275 pounds of weight.
- The material of the machine is anodized aluminum profile
2. WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine
The WaterRower Natural Rowing Machine in Ash Wood with S4 Monitor is a wooden rowing machine that typically helps you to have the experience of rowing while you are working out. Let us check out its features.
- This wooden rowing machine is totally handcrafted with flywheel that gives the actual feeling of rowing
- The flywheel sits in the enclosed water tank in order to provide quiet, smooth and self-regulated resistance
- The machine is constructed with ash and stained honey oak that helps in absorption of vibration and sound.
- It comes with Series 4 performance monitor that can track your workout intensity, heart rate, stroke rate and much more.
The Stamina Air Rower (Black, Chrome) is one of the most comfortable and easy rowing machines found in the market. The machine comes with some amazing features.
- The rowing machine comes with monitor that can display the distance traveled, speed, time and the amount of calories burned
- The machine has a padded and upholstered seat with large footplates that enables comfortable workouts with proper cushioning for the user.
- The machine is good for oversized users and the angled seat rail also provides smooth sliding.
- Wind-resistance rowing machine with multi-function performance monitor
- Folds for storage; built-in wheels for portability
- floor protectors prevent skidding
- Three-year frame warranty; 90-day parts warranty
4. RX-750 Home Series Rowing Machine
The ProRower H2O RX-750 Home Series Rowing Machine makes your cardio workouts really easy and enjoyable. It is a professional quality machine that can be bought for home use too.
- The rowing machine is made from high-quality material and comes with innovative Hydro-Power Drive System
- The polycarbonate tank filled with water and the internal paddle system gives you the actual feel of rowing
- The ergonomically designed handgrip is comfortable to row
- The pivoting footrests make the rowing even smoother
5. IMPETUS IA 6800am Air-Magnetic Rower
The IMPETUS IA 6800am Air-Magnetic Rower is a professional quality rowing machine that is sleek, stylish and offers extreme comfort while you are working out.
- This rower is ultra quiet and provides smooth motion
- It has air magnetic resistance
- The rower is easy to fold and roll
- It comes with small footprint to make it easily movable
- The rower comes with Motion auto tension that provides professional recoil action
- The rower comes with 12 inbuilt programs that include 4 heart rate programs, 4 user programs, manual profile, watt training, recovery and body fat
6. Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine
The Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5 is the perfect indoor rowing machine that is effective for low impact full body workouts. It is the best you can have. Don’t forget to use Rowing Machine Chain Oil every three months or fifty hours of use, The best choice for Concept 2 rowing machine.
- This rowing machine comes in flywheel design that minimizes the noise and gives a smooth feeling
- The rower includes the performance monitor 5 that provides accurate and comparable data for your workouts for each row completed.
- It comes with adjustable monitor arm
- The height of the seat is 14 inches
- It comes with nickel plated chain and adjustable footrest and ergonomic handle
The Stamina 1215 Orbital Rowing Machine with Free Motion Arms is a very compact machine that comes with some amazing rowing features.
- This rowing machine comes with full range of motion rowing that provides the effect of rowing on the water.
- The machine has smooth hydraulic cylinder resistance and adjustable tension controls.
- It comes with a thick padded seat as well as pivoting foot plates.
- The performance monitor comes with one touch button to show distance, speed, calories burned, row count and miles rowed.
- Some assembly required; 5-year warranty on frame, 90 days on parts.
The Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine is one of the most popular rowing machines that provide all round fitness. The major muscles of the body get exercise when you are rowing.
- This rowing machine features the adjustable gas shock resistance that is great for muscles.
- This home rowing machine comes with compact footprint of 23.5 inches x 46 inches
- The performance monitor shows stroke count, calories burned and time
- This rowing machine is quite sturdy and comes with steel frame construction
9. Kettler 7978-900 Favorit Rowing Machine
The Kettler Favorit Rowing Machine is one of those machines that help you to stay fit with easy convenience. The machine comes loaded with features.
- This rowing machine is perfect for home use
- There are 2 hydraulic cylinders that help in providing continuous resistance
- It comes with comfortable and ergonomic seat
- It comes integrated with training computer that provides information on time measurement, speed of strokes, number of oar strokes and distance covered
10. Lifecore R100 Commercial Rowing Machine
The Lifecore R100 Commercial Rowing Machine is a professional series machines that can find in gymnasiums and sports centers. The machine has lots of features that are beneficial.
- This professional grade machine comes with 16 levels of magnetic resistance
- It can be folded when not in use
- The rowing machine comes with 15 preset programs as well as 4 heart rate control programs that are compatible with Polar HRM products
- It comes with ergonomically designed seat and handles as well as pivoting footrests
Rowing Technique Tips
- Benefits of Rowing – There are huge benefits of rowing. All the major muscles of the body such as legs, thighs, arms, abdomen and shoulder get proper workouts through rowing. It is supposedly one of the best all round exercises in one single activity.
- Rowing Machine Technique Tips – If you are looking for some quick tips on how to buy a rowing machine then concentrate on its resistance and the types of exercises you can get from these machines.
Check out our review of the Best Elliptical Machine For Home
You can have the rowing machine that suits all your needs. You would be able to get a better and fitter body in no time, and one that you would love to use. Choose one that will fit your needs, and as most of these rowing machines come with a good warranty term, you don’t have to worry at all.